Sunday, June 3, 2007

It's Here!! Wheee!

My Amy Butler pattern got here today!! I can't wait to cut it out and do a test run tomorrow!!

Oh, and also, pay attention to recipes...I have a bread machine (I love it!! My awesome Nana gave it to me...) Anyhow, I decided to whip up a batch of bread. I dumped all the ingredients in (in tthe proper order) and pushed start. A couple hours later, my kitchen smelled delish so I went in to take a peak at my little loaf, and it had not risen at all! I had a lumpy pile of bread instead of a fluffy delicious loaf! So I reread the directions, and realized the recipe only called for 1 teaspoon of yeast and I dumped the whole packet in (about 2 1/4 teaspoons) So, I wonder, will too much yeast cause the dough not to rise? Sigh. I guess its true, too much of a good thing...

No comments: