Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Pizza, Yum!

Everybody loves pizza, but pizza does not love everyone...Especially me! I am, I admit, lactose intolerant. (Oh, My!) And all that greasy pizza cheese does not agree with me (What's a girl to do?) So, I make my own pizza, and you can too! Perfect for other anti-dairy queens or those who just want a little "healthier" pizza.

I start with a storebought pizza crust, but it is pretty easy if you wanna make your own:

You will need:

1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup milk (I use plain soymilk)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F; Lightly grease a pizza pan or cookie sheet.

In a large bowl, stir together flour, salt, oregano, and black pepper. Mix in eggs and milk. Stir well. Pour batter into prepared pan and tilt until evenly coated.

Bake in preheated oven 20-25 mins. until crust is set

Add toppings. I use Italian seasoned tomato sauce for the sauce, "mozzerella" soy cheese, mushrooms, black olives, and canadian bacon but you may use whatever you fancy.

Bake until cheese is melted, about another 10 mins.

Enjoy!!

No comments: