Saturday, May 26, 2007

Bag Lady

I have been somewhat obsessed with purses lately, so here are a few of my latest creations.

First, I found this really cool book at Half Price Books for $1.00. a trip to Joann's and several hours of measuring, cutting, sewing, and gluing later I had this:



I also crocheted up this shopping bag, after hearing on the news that some stores are planning to start charging to use plastic bags (I figure I should be a little more eco-friendly anyway). This is my first one, but I plan on making several more.

And finally, I made this little clutch awhile ago, out of magazine pages I folded into strips and covered in clear packing tape. I wove all the strips into a rectangle, reinforced the edges, folded the whole shebang and then taped up the sides. I'm still deciding on a closure for it. It doesn't hold much, but perfect for a night out.

I just love purses, and it is so hard to find just the right combination of size, style, etc. that I usually just make my own. Don't get me wrong, I have tons of store bought ones, too. Josh has been known to say to me, somewhat incredulously, "Another purse?!" What can I say...Its an obsession! (almost as bad as shoes...)







No comments: